Monday, October 8, 2012

Whew..Close call..

I thought today was another boring, routine day...that all that would happen was that: attend classes, take notes that kind of stuff with the few occasional surprises..

Man, was I wrong.

On my way home, minding my own business, reading a text from my phone while waiting for a ride, when suddenly a grabs my phone from behind and shout that I should give it up and that he'll shoot me. What happens next will be either stupid or brave by anyone's view. 

Without thinking, adrenaline pumping, instincts took over. A tug of war commenced, both of us grabbing my phone, struggling. I was riding in the vehicle so I was able to lie down on the leather seat, push my leg through the window and started using his face as target practice. Sadly he got off without a scratch--well, except for a few scratches from my braces when I tried to bite him. But a definite win for me in this round because I have a suspicion that that guy will remember the girl he lost to. 

I know it was a dangerous situation from the start, that may things could go wrong. 1, he may have a knife and I could have been stabbed; which from the start I know he didn't because he used both hands in the struggle and when he told me that he'll kill me, I felt the end of the "gun" dig in my neck--I realized then that it was just his fingers--some gun. And 2, his accomplice might've helped his partner. Thank my lucky stars that didn't happen. 

And, I just realized this two hours after, that the driver may have been in one it. Because 1, he didn't drive like hell when he realized that there was a robbery happening in his vehicle and 2, when I remember he said that there were many of his passengers who got there phone stolen and I was the first one who got away. That sneaky bastard. He might've fooled the other passengers, but not me.

I was a bit shaken, I'm sorry to admit, but what happened today served as a lesson. That it could happen to anybody & I'd be better prepared for things like this. That's why I'll be starting  taking Krav Maga lessons soon & taking precautions

Hey, a girl can't be too careful. Right? ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment